Tuesday, March 8, 2022

A PRAYER FOR CHALLENGING TIMES

When the world feels almost too broken to bear, I struggle to find hope, to not give in to inertia born of despair.  In times such as these, I find prayer and meditation to be a means of centering, a balm, a quieting that creates space for a rebirth of hope and courage. In this space, there is the possibility that an idea will arise, an idea of what I might do, in my small way, to foster peace, to bring comfort to those who need comforting.  

In this spirit, I offer a prayer, a meditation for challenging times.  

 

 

I pray for the body of the world.

I pray for the ten thousand things.

 

I pray for the brokenness of the world.

I pray for the eternal Tao.

 

I pray for those I love and those I cannot love.

I pray for those who have passed and those who are yet to come.

 

I pray for those who suffer in body, mind, or spirit.

I pray that they be healed, comforted, granted peace.   

 

I pray for the creatures who crawl, run, fly, climb, or swim.

I pray for the non-sentient, for they are energy after all.

 

I pray for plants and trees and all rooted things.

I pray for oceans, lakes, and rivers.

 

I pray for peace.

I pray for kindness.

I pray that justice might prevail. 

 

I pray

I pray

I pray.

 

 

                                                Photo by Zoltan Tasi on Unsplash

9 comments:

  1. Love it, Marjorie! It's perfect for our time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I cry…a lot..and, I pray that there truly is a universal connectedness that will prevail🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, M. Indeed a prayer form our time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes words fail and a prayer is all I've got.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Thank you. I was in need of a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need something to center us right now.

      Delete